Accounting, Tax Preparation
and much more for Freelancers
We go beyond taxes and help you automate your books, invoicing and workflows
Sole business owners are at a disadvantage when it comes to running their own business. In most instances, they burden themselves by doing it all and not putting enough time into the things they want to accomplish. We help you focus more on your business and to help you generate higher profits.
Alto CPA Group, LLC. helps solopreneurs with:
- Starting your business and setting up the right business entity
- Provide accounting and other financial process services; We monitor your financial transactions behind the scenes
- Tax Strategies, and Preparation along with automating your quarterly estimated tax process;
- Help automate your manual processes with simple to use, low to no cost cloud-based applications; get 24/7 access to real time data on your smart phone
We have a method to monitor both your personal and business
transactions so we capture 100% of credible business tax deductions
We want to keep your costs down so we developed a process that drives value. How we help you:
- Work with you to get financially organized
- Help you with tools to cut repetitive and slow tasks
- Ensure you are 100% tax compliant (including estimating taxes)
- Provide you with operational and financial recommendations along with retirement planning
- Take full advantage of recent and existing tax laws to drive your bottom line profits
- Get you to spend more time on what you do best and less time on non-revenue generating tasks
- Provide you with a secured/private login to our portal for a streamlined relationship
- much more...
Disclaimer: Any tax, accounting, business and general advice in this communication or throughout our website, including links, attachments and enclosures, is not intended to be an in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it intended to avoid tax-related penalties. If needed, we would be pleased to perform research for you and provide you with a detailed written analysis through an official engagement. We would define the scope and limits of your request for consultation services in a separate engagement letter. Please read our disclaimers page ...
Accounting, Taxes, Business
Formation, and more...
A CPA will play a proactive role in helping you and will ensure you get what you need. At Alto CPA Group, LLC., our goal is to keep you in compliance, save you money and support you so you can spend more time on driving revenue.
Our services are brought to you by an experienced CPA who understands the efficiencies brought on by today's advanced cloud applications to run your business. Your trusted advisor will help you determine which applications will bring the most value to your business. We are certified in and have partnered with many cloud software providers and we pass on to you 100% of any discounts we receive. We work for our clients and have partnered with great cloud software providers to bring you value.
In addition, it is important for us to keep our clients abreast of new regulations, and other important changes that affects your business. As our client, you will have access to our secure client portal in the cloud to be used for exchanging and signing documents along with sharing financial results, news, recommendations, advice and tips. Alerts will let you know when you have received a new item.
- Software connects to your business bank and credit card account to capture transactions
- Software allows you to snap pictures of receipts to record transactions and stores the documents electronically so there is no need to keep paper backup
- We provide timely account reconciliations
- We generate monthly financial reports; Balance Sheet, P&L, AR Aging, and the Cashflow report
- Assist with funding needs
- Advise on ways to improve efficiency and enhance your bottom line
- The software enables you to customize invoices and estimates on a mobile device or PC
- Create recurring invoices
- Easily see whether invoices were viewed or paid
- Accept credit cards and bank payments / Customers can pay online
- Scan and post any paper receipts on a mobile device to capture expenses
- Run payroll on a PC or mobile device
- So much more…
Note: The IRS requires proper physical or electronic documentation of all revenue and expense items.
Other services available to you:
- Creating budgets and financial forecasts / Payroll / Depreciation of assets / Time tracking & job cost reporting
Paying more taxes is great when profits climb, but our goal is to cut your tax rate down by applying proper deductions and sheltering as much income now to build your nest egg for retirement.
We offer personal and business tax preparation and planning. We keep you informed of changes and developments in federal, state and local tax laws that affect you and advise you throughout the year. As CPA's, we can handle Internal Revenue Service and other government agency correspondence if needed.
We can also assist you with:
- Sales tax compliance
- Tax deferral strategies
- Assistance in structuring partnerships and LLC operating agreements
- Preparation of estimated quarterly taxes
- Entity setups and structuring
Which type of business entity is right for you? An LLC. is usually a good option for the self-employed and freelancers. An LLC. can help you limit your personal liability, gives your business added credibility and reduces the risk of an IRS audit which can be time consuming. We can help you create the right entity for your business and save you with the incredible offer you will find on our "Business Formation" page.
Unless your business needs specific accounting software, we can get you started with 2 solid choices.
For freelancers and solo businesses, we recommend Wave Apps and Quickbooks Self Employed. For businesses larger than yours or if you sell inventory, we recommend Wave Apps, Quickbooks Online and Xero.
Wave Apps only charges for credit card processing, online bank payments from your customers and payroll. Everything else is absolutely FREE.
As for Quickbooks Self Employed, we are Certified in Quickbooks and receive a 60% discount on all subscriptions which we pass on to our clients.
As for mileage tracking, Wave Apps does not include it whereas Quickbooks Self Employed has a robust tracker. Two other mileage tracking mobile applications we recommend are the Stride Tax app which is free and MileIQ, which is a paid app and we can provide you with a coupon code to receive 20% off for life. Both mileage trackers are great, however MileIQ gets the nod for being better. We discuss all the applications below along with a link to each website and the coupon code for MileIQ you can use anytime you like.
Quickbooks Self Employed: As in the name, QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) is an excellent tool for the solo entrepreneur. Connect QBSE with your business bank and credit accounts to automatically import transactions. QBSE tracks mileage, helps with maximizing deductions at tax time and categorizes expenses according to Schedule C line items.
Freshbooks:FreshBooks is an excellent cloud-based accounting application for freelancers and sole proprietors as it excels at streamlining time tracking and it makes managing every aspect of the billing process easy. The invoicing tool is super efficient.
Wave Apps:Is a powerful, cloud-based accounting software with easy customized invoicing, receipt scanning with OCR, accepts credit cards and bank payments, and much more.
3 Other accounting applications:
Three other cloud-based accounting applications to mention are Quickbooks Online, Xero and Zoho Books. We are certified in all three applications and would recommend these for sole proprietors that are growing fast and are within reach of expanding staff, transactions, etc. etc.
Stride Tax helps independent workers track miles automatically
when you turn it on and provides you with a helpful report summarizing your mileage and dollar estimates for a tax write-off.
MileIQ is a very popular mileage tracking app because of its simplicity and its appearance. You just swipe left if mileage will be for personal use (if you care) or right if it's for business and you can classify the purpose of the trip. This link will take you to a Blog review of MileIQ... on the "Carefulcents" site.
Triplog: This is another robust mileage tracker to check out. Sorry, no discounts.